Sweet Zucchini Bread
Prepare the zucchini:
- Layer 3 sheets of paper towels on a plate.
- Using a food processor grating disk or a hand-grater, shred a zucchini.
- Put the shredded zucchini on the paper towels, and flatten the shreds. Then place 3 more layered paper towels on top of the zucchini. Set a dinner plate or something flat and moderately heavy on top of the zucchini to help drain the excess moisture. Go away and do something fun for about an hour or so while it's drying out. This is a good time exercise, go take a shower, do your hair, or listen to some really awesome music. Don't get on social media. The election coverage will just depress you.
Make the bread:
- Preheat the oven to 350*F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Whisk together:
- 1 1/2 C gluten-free baking flour (I usually use Bob's Red Mill all-purpose GF flour.)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Blend well in a large bowl:
- 3/4 C sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 C light olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Stir in the dry ingredients. Blend with a few swift strokes:
- 2 C grated zucchini (I have never once actually measured the following)
- 3/4 C walnuts
- 3/4 C Craisins
- Scrape the batter into the greased pan. Bake until the bread pulls away from the sides of the pan, about 45 minutes. Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes before unmolding completely on the rack.